personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Day 2

Chapter Two: You Are Not an Accident

The one thought that really strikes me in this chapter is as follows:

If there was no God, we would all be "accidents," the result of astronomical random chance in the universe. You could stop reading this book, beause life would have no purpose or meaning or significance. There would be no right or wrong, and no hope beyond your brief years here on earth. -Rick Warren

Pretty amazing to think that God has a plan, created everything for a reason. It is actually quite comforting.

Point to Ponder: I am not an accident.

Verse to Remember: Isaiah 44:2 "I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born."

Question to Consider: I know that God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?
  • My childhood-living with a mother who didn't protect me from my stepfathers cruelty, and assault/the family who remained blind to it all (and still will not acknowledge it happened)
  • I don't know who my paternal father is
  • The feelings of inadequacy and inferiority, worthlessness-and the destructive behaviors that go hand in hand with those feelings (procrastination, laziness, overly critical of others, unhealthy relationships)
  • How demanding I can be in my relationships now when it comes to trust
  • How all of my personality problems affect my children
  • My raging insecurity over everything because of the above mentioned points

I realize that God created the world, and the universe. I realize that everything happens for a reason according to God's plan. And here, I am being told that plan includes me as well. Iguess that erases the whole idea that I was an accident...and really my parents part in the whole deal was very minimal. Perhaps I have been placing too much significance on my earthly parents. They are in no more control than I am. Does it excuse their behavior? No...everyone is accountable for the choices that they make. But it is nice to hear for once that I am NOT a mistake--because God doesn't make mistakes.

Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters