personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Day 3

Chapter Three: What drives your life?

There are actually a few things in this chapter that struck me as interesting:

1. Without a clear purpose you have no foundation on which you base decisions, allocate your time, and use your resources. You will tend to make choices based on circumstances, pressures, and your mood at the moment. People who don't know their purpose try to do too much--and that causes stress, fatigue, and conflict. -Rick Warren

I can totall relate to what he is saying. I often find myself scrambing around trying to keep up with myself because I have taken on too much.

2. This is the true joy of life: the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clot of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. - George Bernard

I just liked this statement because I get frustrated with people who complain and don't DO something...as though they are waiting for someone to hand them a solution. I dont' want to be one of those people.

Point to Ponder: Living on purpose is the path to peace.

Verse to Remeber: Isaiah 26:3 You, Lord give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you.

Question to Consider: What would my family and friends say is the driving force of my life? What do I want it to be?

That's a hard question. I am not sure what my friends and family would say is the driving force of my life. Perhaps it is apparent that I want to make sure that my children do not have the same type of childhood that I had, and that they have a good relationship with me for the rest of their lives. I also want to be able to care for them the way that they deserve. I'm not sure what else would be my driving force.

What do I want it to be? I think that making sure that my children have a good childhood and are relatively happy and secure are good goals, but I am not sure if that is a driving force. Perhaps on a grander scale I would like to make a difference in the lives of many children (not just my own). Or maybe just be kind and be a person others trust. But again, that is a goal...not a driving force.

I guess I don't really know--except maybe security.




Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters