personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Day 24

Chapter Twenty Four: Transformed by Truth

The most important decision you can make today is to settle this issue of what will be the ulitmate authority for your life. Decide that regardless of culture, tradition, reason, or emotion, you choose the Bible as your final authority. -Rick Warren

This is interesting, because I had a conversation today with a friend regarding his skepticism that the Bible was all true. Meaning, that its translation had been tampered with throughout the years, and mainly by the Catholic church. One thing that I have learned is that there may be different versions, but these versions have been adaptions created for the time period that they would most apply, and for the language and reading style of the century that they are adapted for. I think that it is important to trust that the Bible is the authority, and is true, because once a person feels that any portion of it is untrue, they begin to undermine their own faith.

Any time you feel you are not learning anything from a sermon or a Bible teacher, you should check your attitude, especially for pride, because God can speak through even the most boring teacher when you are humble and receptive. -Rick Warren

I know that I have had the problem of 'drifting' during sermons...my mind fills with a list of 'to-dos' or 'what ifs' that undermine my ability to receive the message that is being presented. I have learned that this is Satan's way of distracting me in order for me to not learn.

I cannot overstate the value of being a part of a small Bible study discussion group. -Rick Warren

I have made contact with our church, and we are waiting to be placed in a group...I will be happy when we finally start attending.

Point to Ponder: The truth transforms me.

Verse to Remember: John 8:31-32 If you continue in my word, then you are my disciple indeed; an you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Question to Consider: What has God already told me in his Word that I haven't started doing yet?

I haven't established our church family yet. We have been slow in that process. Quite honestly, I feel that my husband puts a lot of other things before going to church, or being more involved with church. But that is between him and God. I guess I really have yet to concentrate on my children and be more involved. Or at least be more organized when it comes to them. Recently I had a conflict with my mom, she told me that she did not want to be a part of our lives any longer. I have displayed the largest amount of forgiveness for her than I have ever in my life. I actually forgive her, it isn't just something that I said.

Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters