personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Day 5

Chapter Five: Seeing Life from God's View

This chapter was pretty amazing for me. I really had to think about some things, and evaluate how I see my own life. The statements that have inspired me from this chapter are:

When you understand that life is a test, you realize that nothing is insignificant in life. Even the smallest incident has significance for your character development. Every day is an important day, and every second is a growth opportunity to deepen your character, to demonstrate love, or to depend on God. -Rick Warren

No pressure right? Actually, it isn't any more pressure than before...in fact, what I find in my faith is that the fact that there IS God there is less pressure to do everything myself and make it all work. Knowing that everything is a test, and everything has significance kind of takes away the chore of needing to find something meaningful in life...

Most people fail to realize taht money is both a test and a trust from God. God uses finances to teach us to trust him, and for many people, money is the greatest test of all. God watches how we use money to test how trustworthy we are.

I know that this is a huge test for me. I am not good with finances at all. I desire to be, for whatever reason I fail all the time.

Point to Ponder: Life is a test and a trust.

Verse to Remember: Luke 16:10a Unless you are faithful in small matters, you won't be faithful in large ones.

Question to Consider: What has happened to me recently that I now realize was a test from God? What are the greatest matters God has entrusted to me?

Very recently my family and I went through a winter with very little money to sustain ourselves. We are now trying to recover from this situation. My husband did not have gainful employment for over a year and a half...I was the main financial support for the family. Then I lost my job as well, so we had even less. It made us appreciate when we could afford to buy food, and it made us have to reach out to others for help.
It also put us in the position where we finally said we have to continue to pray, and rely on God. God pulled us through a particularly difficult wedding planning...again with very limited finances...but we did it.
This past year has been a series of tests to our relationship. Caleb now has a new job, and though I am still not working, we are trusting God that I should be home with the children--and it is another test--because I had become independant as a single mom. Now I will be relying on my husband.

The greatest matters God has entrusted me with? My husband and children. I was married before, and it went terribly wrong in so many ways. I am not blameless. I feel that this is a second chance to do things the way God intended.


Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters