personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Day 25

Chapter Twenty Five: Transformed by Trouble

It is no coincidence that there has been such a delay in getting me to these next few chapters. I know that I have been purposely distracted.

Because God is sovereignly in control, accidents are just incidents in God's good plan for you. Because every day of your life was written on God's calendar before you were born, everything that happens to you has spiritual significance. Everything! -Rick Warren

Knowing this is such a relief. It means that no matter what happens, God has it all under control. Trusting in this allows freedom from fear. Even fear of death.

Since God intends to make you like Jesus, he will take you through the same experiences Jesus went through. That includes loneliness, temptation, stress, criticism, rejection, and many other problems. -Rick Warren

I actually never thought of it this way. I have felt that my problems were very personal, had my own label on them. But I realize that Jesus was put through the same trials, experienced the same feelings...who am I to complain?

If you are facing trouble right now, don't ask, "Why me?" Instead ask, "What do you want me to learn?" Then trust God and keep on doing what's right. -Rick Warren



I think that this is very sound advice, especially with the trials that I am currently facing. I know that I have been fairly diligent in not asking "why me"...there is no real answer to that. I am slowly learning the process of trust.

Point to Ponder: There is a purpose behind every problem.

Verse to Remember: Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Question to Consider: What problem in my life has caused the greatest growth in me?

I would definitely have to say that my relationship with my mother has forced me to look at myself, and how I react to, and treat my own children. Even currently, my relationship with her affects me greatly, and I am still learning to be who I really am, not her perception of me.

Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters