personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Daily Bread

Lamentations 3:22 Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed.

I've seen many trials in my life. I am not old, but sometimes I feel that I have experienced more than I should have. Prior to being saved I endured many hardships, disappointments, and abuses. I had always felt alone, that no one understood me, and I was always reaching out, searching for someone who would just care enough to bring me some peace. Let me know that everything would be okay.

Counsellors were no good, friends were empathetic but very limited...everyone has thier own trials. I wasn't consoled. Family had always fallen short, because much of my grief was centered around those who were suppose to protect me as a child. So headlong, forged through darkness, angst, and discontentment.

However, after being saved I have found that my perspective on hard times has shifted. When things become very difficult, almost unbearably hard to deal with, I am consoled that God has everything under control. And He is with me through every step of the way. I found that this is the friendship I had been searching for all along, and amazingly, He was with me. I just couldn't see.

My sheep I know, they are My own,
I leave them not in trials alone;
I wil be with them to the end--
Their hope, thier joy, their dearest Friend. -Anonymous

Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters