personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Day 40

Chapter Forty: Living with Purpose

Living on purpose is the only way to really live. Everything else is just existing. -Rick Warren

It's easy to drift away from what matters most and slowly get off course. To prevent this, you should develop a purpose statment for your life and then review it regularly. -Rick Warren

What is a Purpose Statement?

It's a statement that summarizes God's purpose for your life.
It's a statement that points the direction of your life.
It's a statement that defines "success" for you.
It's a statement that clarifies your roles.
It's a statement that expresses your shape.

5 questions to consider as I develop my statement--

What will be the center of my life?

Christ

What will be the character of my life?
What will be the contribution of my life?
What will be the communication of my life?
What will be the community of my life?

God is still looking for people to use. -Rick Warren

Will you be a person God can use for his purposes? Will you serve God's purpose in your generation? -Rick Warren

Point to Ponder: Living with purpose is the only way to really live.

Verse to Remember: Acts 13:36 For David...served the purpose of God in his own generation. Question to Consider: When will I take the time to write down my ansers to life's five great questions? When will I put my purpose on paper?

Wow...it seems such a daunting task. To sum up who I am and what I should be doing. However, if gone undone...how much time will pass in the haze of life--directionless? I know that if I don't start soon...time will fill in the gaps and the gaps shall grow larger...and my thoughts on this will grow even more distant. How much of a priority is this to me? Honestly, I want to work on the other tasks before beginning this one. For this I will have to pray for guidance.

Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters