personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Neverending Story

Well, yesteday concluded my "40-day" journey through The Purpose Driven Life.

It was a good book, and right now I am looking at it as a work book of sorts. There are a lot of areas that I really need to strengthen and I will be praying for the wisdom and guidance to make those changes.

Of the things that I have really learned from reading the book is the need to have Christian fellowship. I have always been somewhat of an island. Never letting anyone get too close. However, as I read the book, I started to long for fellowship with other Christians...to share my faith, and to bond, and become stronger in my faith because of the unity of shared faith.

One of our close friends has recently begun his own journey towards living a Christ-like life. And this is such an awesome experience for him, and for us. For one, he and I share the same perspective as being born again after having made some terrible decisions in our lives respectively...so it is nice to speak with someone who knows where I am coming from...and who I feel I can truly help in weeding out the things that stumped me when I was at that point. For another reason, it is Caleb's best friend...so I am sure that this will only prove to strengthen their friendship...it's really an amazing thing to witness.

It's one thing to yearn that all of the people you love would be able to see the truth, and that Jesus is the only way in which you can be saved. It is another to experience when the ones you love DO begin to see, and share in the joy of the Good News. It is a mixture of relief, and joy.

Another one that took me by surprise is my mother and her husband. In a way, this finally gives us something that we can share, that isn't steeped in hard feelings, or hurtful memories. I believe that we may finally have something to build on...something everlasting.

It is nice to know that even though we spent 3 decades hashing out our differences in this life...we will have the next life to be better to each other than we ever could be here on earth.

The book? It was good. Though some of it seemed a little too concerned about marketing future purchases...however I do think that 90% of the book has honest merit. And I will use that portion of it and apply it to my life so that I can grow as a Christian.

Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters