personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Daily Bread

Mathew 6:25 Do not worry about your life.

This past weekend gave me plenty of reasons to worry. I worried about my children as I was away from them. I worried that our friends would not have a good time on the trip that we had planned. I worried that we would spend too much. Then I begin to cry or over react...

Thankfully, I read this on Saturday morning before we drove to Ohio. I prayed about my worries, and then gave them to God.

The trip was a success. Had I spent the entire weekend worrying I would have missed out on everything.

I need to apply this to everything in my life. It isn't easy, because I have always felt I should cover all of the bases with my worrying, that way I cannot be taken by surprise. But the only thing that does for me is give me gray hair, and keeps me from joy. I've experienced many trials, and I know that there will be many more...I have come to accept this...and I hope that in all things I can handle my trials with grace. Perhaps the remembering that He is here with me through it all will give me grace as well as peace.

Never a trial that He is not there,
Never a burden that He does not bear;
Never a sorrow that He does not share-
Moment by moment, I'm under his care. -Whittle

Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters