personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Daily Bread

Mathew 6:25 Do not worry about your life.

I really needed to read this verse for today...
I leave in a few hours for a short road trip. But every time I plan a trip, and my kids are left behind, I worry incessantly that something terrible will happen. To me, to them...it doesn't matter. I just worry.

I run down a list of "what ifs" that stunt my ability to enjoy the very reason why I am 'getting away'.

When I took a flight to Louisville 2 years ago, I was a basket case. I denied myself an overseas trip because of those 'what ifs'.

Here is a 'what if' I have never considered...What if I hand all my worries to God? I know that He has it all under control...so no matter if I worry or not, it whatever will be, will be.

Never trial that He is not there,
Never a burden that He does not bear;
Never a sorrow that He does not share-
Moment by moment, I'm under His care. -Whittle

Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters