personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

I remember

I have been struggling to remember when I was saved. Most people I talk to remember it clearly...and it is such a momentous occasion...that I felt awkward with the thought that I could not remember.

But I do.

I was saved when I was not even old enough to truly understand what it meant. All I knew is that I wanted to be loved. And I was told that Jesus loved me no matter what, for who I am.

I don't remember what age I was, somewhere around 11 years old, definitely before 6th grade.

I went to AWANA on Wednesday nights with a nice lady from down the road. I met her through my babysitter, I think my babysitter had a crush on her older son.

Anyway, I remember her face, she was always smiling and very very kind. Though the kool aid she made didn't taste very sweet.

Anyway, the significance of remembering when I was saved is this:

Satan has been working for the past 20 years to beat me down and dissuade me from my faith...and he almost succeeded. But the holy spirit was in me the whole time...I had just been in denial.

I can think upon numerous occassions that God was knocking on my door, keeping Himself in my thoughts, so that I couldn't totally ignore him...until one day when I would finally surrender.

Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters