personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Day 32

Chapter Thirty-two: Using What God Gave You

The best way to discover your gifts and abilities is to experiment with different areas of service. -Rick Warren

Experimenting...I certainly have done a lot of that. I have had at least 20 different jobs, moved several times, and became involved in many different activities...I'm still experimenting.

When it doesn't work out, call it an 'experiment', not a failure. You will eventually know what you're good at. -Rick Warren

Thankfully there is no age limit on this...

Part of accepting your shape is recognizing your limitations. Nobody is good at everything, and no one is called to be everything. -Rick Warren

This is sometimes hard to accept, especially when it seems so much rides on us to be good at many things, wear different hats. I was having a hard time this past week accepting that I am not good at accounting. Something I know...but still, my grade suffers because of this.

Extracting the lessons from your experiences takes time. I recommend that you take an entire weekend for a life review retreat, where you pause to see how God has worked in the various defining moments of your life and consider how he wants to use those lessons to help others. -Rick Warren

I like the sound of this...time to really think about my life, where I am at and what I will do with the abilities that God has given me...

In Heaven we are going to serve God forever. Right now, we can prepare for that eternal service by practicing on earth. -Rick Warren

Practice makes perfect....right?

Point to Ponder: God deserves my best

Verse to Remember: 2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

Question to Consider: How can I make the best use of what God has given me?

By using it to serve others...to teach how God has made a difference in my life through the experiences that I have had...

Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters