personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Day 9

Chapter Nine: What Makes God Smile?

This chapter actually struck a deep chord within me. I ended the chapter with tears in my eyes. I feel that I am starting to understand more about my life in relation to the text. I know that this book will affect everyone differently as they have different experiences.

The smile of God is the goal of your life. -Rick Warren

How do I make God smile??

  • Love him supremely

Most of all, God wants a relationship with me

  • Trust him completely

Having faith that he knows what is best for my life

  • Obey him wholeheartedly

Obedience unlocks understanding

  • Praise and thank him continually

When we give God enjoyment our own hearts are filled with joy

  • Use our abilities

You don't bring glory or pleasure to God by hiding your abilities or by trying to be someone else. You only bring him enjoyment by being you. Anytime you reject any part of yourself you are rejecting God's wisdom and sovereignty in creating you. -Rick Warren

He loves you as if you were the only person on earth.- Rick Warren

Point to Ponder: God smiles when I trust him.

Verse to Remember: Psalm 147:11 The Lord is pleased wiht those who worship him and trust his love.

Question to Consider: Since God knows what is best, in what areas of my life do I need to trust him the most?

First, I have to trust him in all areas of my life. The hardest areas for me would be accepting my perceived failings. I cannot do many of the things that I would like to do, for lack of talent. My life will go by fairly insignificantly to the worlds standards. So maybe I need to trust that the abilities I do have are ones that are pleasing to God, and not worry about the rest of the world.

Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters