personal journey

This was a journal of my progress through the book "The Purpose Driven Life"...after having read the book, I know that I've only begun to learn about God's plan for my life.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Day 12

Chapter Twelve: Developing Your Friendship with God

You are as close to God as you choose to be. -Rick Warren

This chapter was good to read because I often find myself questioning many things about my faith, about what God does and why. This chapter explains that God doesn't need us to be perfect just honest...even if that honesty includes doubt.

To be God's friend, you must be honest to God, sharing your true feeling, not what you think you ought to feel or say. -Rick Warren

This actually lifts a great weight off of my shoulders. I sometimes try too hard to say the right thing, or express myself in certain ways that I think God would prefer...when in fact he would just prefer my honest bumbling than some eloquent speech.

Point to Ponder: I'm as close to God as I choose to be.

Verse to Remember: James 4:8a Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you.

Question to Consider: What practical choices will I make today in order to grow closer to God?

I have already decided to change the way that I pray and talk to God. I have been reminding myself to talk to God throughout the day...just as if he were my own personal confidant, because He is.

The other thing is to just say what I need to say, without reservation...because he already knows me, it makes no sense to try and say something that I don't really feel.

Lastly, I want to begin treating my family as gifts from God...I have been pondering a lot on the fact that God will not bless me with anything more important if I cannot take care of what I already have...I want to be motivated in taking care of my family so that I am not hindering them and myself from being closer to God.

Subscribe to Bible-Reading
Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Website Counters